INTEGRITY, RELIABILITY & EXCELLENCE
DGH is a locally owned company providing engineering, drafting, fabrication, fitting, machining, blast and painting, onsite construction, maintenance, scheduled services & breakdown support to the mining, port, water, defence force and sugar sectors.
The company was established in 2005 as DGH Engineering, with branches in Mackay and Emerald. DGH is strategically located in these areas in order to service their clients’ needs. The company has since opened branches in both Proserpine and Townsville.
DGH strives to meet the needs of their clients who have a requirement for quality and timely engineering solutions. They have diversified and grown with an established reputation for the safe and timely delivery of products and services to the quality levels required by their clients.
The success of DGH has been built on proven results of a diverse range of services. Word of mouth by key industry leaders has provided a widespread endorsement and approval of their work.
DGH continually strives to improve health and safety, environmental and quality performances and has achieved Quad Certification in their Quality, Environmental Safety management systems & Quality requirements for Fusion Welding.
TEAM LEADERS AT DGH
Safety, Quality, People & Community
Our Core Values
OUR COMMITMENTS TO OUR STAFF & CUSTOMERS
“We provide quality engineering solutions through design, steel, stainless steel & aluminium fabrication, construction and maintenance of assets & equipment for mining, ports, defence and the sugar industry within Australia and Papua New Guinea”
DGH is to be highly regarded by its customer as being a preferred supplier to the mining, sugar, defence and ports industries.
DGH is to be highly regarded by employees and prospective employees as:
- An employer of choice
- A team-based business not reliant on individuals
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement
“At DGH we believe that diversity and inclusion are the key elements for our success and that is why we are committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an environment where all employees are included, treated with dignity, respect and feel supported to contribute to our future success.
We believe that a culturally diverse workforce, from a variety of backgrounds, gives DGH a competitive advantage, promotes innovation, market growth and high levels of team satisfaction and performance.
Our business environment is very competitive and diverse and if our people are diverse, we feel that we will be in the best position to serve our clients better.”
OUR COMMITMENTS TO THE SAFETY OF STAFF, QUALITY OF WORK & ENVIRONMENT
Safety, Quality, Environment & Sustainability
Our strong safety culture & commitment to zero harm is supported by a Safety Management System which is constantly reviewed & enhanced.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ZERO HARM
Safety is our Number one corporate value. We are committed to our goal of zero harm to people, plant and the environment.
DGH IS FULLY COMMITTED TO
- Ensuring a safe work place for our employees
- Continually striving to improve safety performance
- Instilling a culture mind set in the company to achieve an accident and incident free work environment
Our Safety Management System is compliant with AS 45001:2018
“SAFETY BEFORE PRODUCTION”
Quality is the backbone of our DNA of which is ingrained at DGH to unquestionably strive for the highest levels of excellence in engineering. Quality is autonomously built into every aspect of the manufacturing process and services provided, to ensure that our customer’s requirements exceed all expectations without compromising cost.
DGH is a widely accomplished leader in the design and manufacture of high precision engineering, fabricated products, and services which is backed by the support of our integrated Quality Management System accredited to ISO 9001:2015.
DGH believes that we should at all times provide high quality, environmentally responsible services to the industries we serve. DGH is environmentally responsible for all aspects of all operations carried out on-site & in our workshops. Continual improvement and striving for zero harm are the principles to which DGH promises in order to achieve environmental excellence.
Our Environmental Management System is accredited to ISO 14001:2015.
DGH NET ZERO TARGET
*Our goal is to reach Net Zero Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions before 2050*
DGH has a Sustainability Policy which outlines our commitment to achieving Net Zero emissions and the reduction of our carbon footprint. Our Policy relates to how the products, services and operations within our company and across our supply chain will be continually reviewed and improved, so that we can integrate environmental and social considerations into our everyday practices and make a positive contribution to our environment and local community.
In order to achieve our goal of reaching net zero GHG emissions before 2050, we will work collaboratively in alignment with our clients and other stakeholders to ensure that together, we form a partnership
that can shape a safer work environment for everyone who work and live in our local communities. This is an environmental initiative we are fully committed to, and our vision for the future is to make our local community, our beautiful Country and the Planet a safer place for generations to come.
DGH is a fabrication, construction and maintenance company supplying products and services to customers within Australasia. This policy relates to how the products, services and operations within our company and across our supply chain will be continually reviewed and improved, so that we can integrate environmental and social considerations into our everyday practices and make a positive contribution to our environment and local community. We acknowledge that our company has potential impacts on people and the environment through our operations and supply chains.
Through this policy DGH will:
- Commit to the reduction of our carbon footprint and work toward our aim of Net Zero emissions.
- Commit to complying with applicable law in all our operations.
- Commit to protecting human rights. We are an equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices.
- Minimise our impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources.
- Commit to foster responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff at all levels.
- Commit to minimise risks and impacts through processes and systems to implement, measure and monitor environmental performance.
- Commit to increase communication and awareness of our sustainability initiatives. DGH will carry out its sustainability objectives by:
- Minimising or offsetting our impact on the environment.
- Work towards the conservation of energy, water and resources in all our operations.
- Dispose of waste thoughtfully, and follow the waste hierarchy of ‘Avoid, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’.
- Lessen our environmental impact by purchasing environmentally friendly products and services.
- Work with our supply chain in order to gain mutual benefits of incorporating environmentally sustainable goals into everyday business.
- Being an environmentally responsible business in our community.
- Promoting environmental awareness throughout all operations of the company.
- Fostering a sustainably aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood.
- Integrating sustainability into our existing business model, auditing and reporting.
- Strive to raise awareness in the community, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
This Policy statement shall be displayed at all DGH workplaces. We will review this policy periodically, so it remains relevant to the needs of the Company. This policy is to be communicated to all DGH employees, sub-contractors, and visitors. The directors of DGH endorse this policy to confirm their personal commitment in maintaining a high level of safety in all aspects of the workplace for all employees and the public.
DGH Net Zero Target
Committed to Net Zero Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 2050
DGH is an environmentally responsible business, as such we are committed to making meaningful contributions and taking appropriate action to combat climate change and its impacts, including reducing emissions to align with the current global commitment the world over.